Think olive oil doesn’t taste great in baked goods? Think again. In this recipe, the fruitiness of our extra virgin olive oil pairs perfectly with the ripened banana, bourbon vanilla and cinnamon flavors in the bread. It even tastes better the next day.
Bourbon Vanilla, Cinnamon and Olive Oil Banana Bread
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1½ cups sugar, or less, depending on ripeness of bananas
- ¾ cup KARMIRI Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9x5x3” loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, bananas, vanilla extract and oil in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean, about 60-65 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack; let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around inside of the pan to release the bread. Turn it out onto a rack and let it cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit